Forward Facing Car Seats - Installation
Before you install:
Read the car seat owner’s manual and the child restraint section of the vehicle manual before attempting an installation.
With the Seat:
- Check labels to determine the correct belt path.
- Pick a method: seat belt or LATCH, not both.
- If using the seat belt, it must be locked when used with a car seat. See the vehicle manual for instructions.
- Make sure the seat is secured and tight in the vehicle with less than one inch of side-to side movement. Check this by placing hands at the belt path and pulling.
- Attach the top tether with every installation; seat belt or LATCH.
- You may need to try several times before you have an acceptably tight installation – keep at it!
With the Child:
- Shoulder straps must be AT or BELOW the shoulders.
- Make sure nothing is behind or under the seat or child-no bunting, blankets or bulky clothing.
- Place the chest clip at armpit level.
- Harness must be flat and smooth - no twists.
- Harness must be snug. If it can be pinched at the shoulder, tighten the harness.
- If in doubt, call us at (877) 783-0432 - Toll Free or your local fitting station for assistance.
View this site www.thecarseatlady.com for great installation videos.